Health & Wellness Workshops And Activities
Throughout the year, Health and Wellness workshops and campus-wide activities educate and increase awareness of specific physical, cognitive, emotional, and social health issues such as:
- Stress management/relaxation
- Healthy relationships
- Drug/alcohol/tobacco use
- Nutrition and healthy eating choices
- Internet safety and cyberbullying
- Sex education
- Celebrations of Sleep Awareness Week, Random Acts of Kindness Week, Stress Awareness Month, and National Physical Fitness and Sports Month
Our nursing staff has deep experience in all areas of pediatrics, intensive care, emergency, and women’s reproductive health.
Health and Wellness Center Hours
- Monday–Friday 7:30 a.m.–7:00 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday – nurse on call
Mental Health Care
Mental health counselors work directly with students on personal, social, or emotional concerns in both individual and group settings.
- Madeira’s counseling offices (upstairs in the Wellness House) are open during the academic day and after school.
- Appointments are available in-person or via Outlook
To schedule a counseling appointment:
- Visit our counseling appointment website.
- Check the counselors’ availability online and make an appointment that works with your schedule.
- Contact Shannon Ball, Director of Academic Access and Student Support, 703-556-8322