- All campers must have a completed Virginia School Entrance Health Form, or the equivalent form for their state of residence, on file prior to the start of camp.
- If you have previously submitted camper health forms to Summer at Maderia, no new health forms are needed UNLESS:
- The actual physical examination was completed by your childs physician before 2017. Physical examinations completed in 2017, 2018, and 2019 are accepted for the Summer of 2019.
- Your camper is a rising 8th grader for the fall of 2019. All rising 8th graders must submit a new immunization record.
- The camp health form includes three parts:
1. The Health Information Form, signed by the parent
2. An Immunization Record, signed by the doctor
3. A Physical Examination Record, signed by the doctor
- For New Campers:
- Immunization Records must be up-to-date and Physical Examination Records must have been completed after June 1, 2018.
- For Returning Campers:
- For campers entering 8th grade in Fall 2019, we require an updated Immunization Record.
- Campers physical examinations on file must be dated 2017, 2018, or 2019. Examinations dated earlier will not carry over to 2019.
- If your childs health history has changed since you last submitted health forms to Summer at Madeira, please send an updated copy of his/her forms.
Completed Health Forms must be submitted by June 1, 2019.
Health Forms that are not fully completed will not be accepted. Summer at Madeira reserves the right to withdraw registration for campers whose forms have not been received by June 1, 2019.
If your child has been prescribed medication he/she will need to bring onto the Madeira campus, you must:
1. Complete an Emergency Care Plan for all EpiPens
2. Complete an Asthma Action Plan for all Inhalers
3. Complete a Medication Consent Form for all other medications
All prescription medications must come to camp in their original pharmacy container, with the prescribing label attached. Please make sure your medication has not expired, as it will not be accepted.
The Madeira Health and Wellness Center is stocked with over-the-counter medications; therefore campers should NOT bring medications such as Acetaminophen (e.g. Tylenol), Ibuprofen (e.g. Advil), Diphenhydramine (e.g. Benadryl), Antibiotic Ointment (e.g. Neosporin), and TUMS if taken as needed to camp. The Health Center will contact the parents/guardian directly to obtain permission to dispense over-the-counter medications to the camper if necessary.
No camper may carry, keep, or dispense for herself/himself or any other camper any prescription or over-the-counter medications.
Non-compliance with this policy may result in dismissal from camp.