Congratulations to all the families of seniors! Senior year is an exciting (and busy) time. The following is a guideline of what to expect as a Madeira senior and parent. We will add information as it becomes available.
- Senior Dinner: During Parents' Weekend in October, seniors enjoy a sit-down dinner with their parents. Much of the evening is a surprise for the senior girls, including the evening's theme and entertainment schedule.
- Senior Trip: Takes place in May. Seniors choose the location.
- Senior Service Day: Senior class gives back to the Madeira community.
- Senior Gallop: End of the school year. Senior riding students gallop around the Oval.
- Affirmation: The evening before graduation.
What Seniors Wear and When
- Opening Convocation: Seniors usually wear a white dress/outfit. Four-year Madeira seniors can add something red to their outfits.
- 100 Days: On the 100th day left of school seniors wear a white outfit, usually casual. Four-year Madeira seniors can add something red to their outfits.
- Affirmation: Girls wear black dresses for Affirmation the night before graduation.
- Graduation: Girls are required to wear “paper white” formal attire, with limited adornment, no slits above the knee, and nothing risqué. No gloves, wreaths, tiaras, or hats. We rely on parents to provide counsel about tastefulness, and undergarments are required. Since the girls walk on a path through the woods, it is practical to have their dresses hemmed about two inches above the ground. White shoes are required; lower heels are encouraged. Outfits must be presented for approval to Mrs. Hanifin, executive assistant to the head of school, by mid-April. Girls whose outfits have not been approved will not be allowed to march.