BSSAC Opener Details
September 9, 2015
Email sent to students and parents, Thursday, September 10, 2015.
Good morning Snails!
If you are attending the BSSAC Opener on Saturday (as 128 of you are currently signed up to do), you must read this email in its entirety. Your parents will also be getting a copy of this email so they will be aware of our expectations as well. This is one of the most popular BSSAC events of the year, and it is a great chance to meet students from other schools. Be sure to read the following information.
- We are leaving Madeira (wheels up, out the gate) at 4:30 p.m. on Saturday! Plan toarrive at the AOD by no later than 4:05 p.m..There are 128 of you going on this trip. We will need all of that time to get everyone organized, checked in, etc. We will not wait for you to arrive if you are late.
- When you arrive at the AOD, you will need to check-in for the trip. You will be asked to verify your phone number, so make sure you do that!
- If you have a phone, BRING YOUR PHONE, MAKE SURE IT IS CHARGED, AND BRING YOUR CHARGER WITH YOU. You will be at the opener for several hours. It is very important that we are able to contact you while you are there. Please also make sure that your voicemail is set up.
- BE ON TIME FOR DEPARTURE FROM THE OPENER. We will leave the opener at 10:00 p.m.You must be in the agreed-upon meeting location at that time. Ms. Heinan, Ms. Temple, and Ms. Barnett will tell you where to meet. There are 128 of you going on this trip, be considerate and do not make others wait while we locate you.
- Day students, please call your parents when we are 20 minutes away from campus and let them know that we will arrive soon. The chaperones will remind you to do this. If we are running late, the chaperones will ask you to call your parents and let them know.
- Boarders and day girls who are spending the night on campus – you MUST make face-to-face contact with your dorm adult when you get back to the dorm so that they know that you are settled in the dorm for the night.
- Because this is a late return to campus (after 11:00pm), we will not allow any dorm-to-dorm sleepovers following the BSSAC Opener.
- Day students who would like to spend the night on campus – don’t forget, you need to fill out the Overnight Form! It’s available at the AOD. The deadline to turn in a completed overnight form is Friday at 4:30 p.m.
- We will have one bathroom stop on the way to and on the way back from the BSSAC Opener. Please plan accordingly.
Beyond that, the following rules apply:
- While this event takes place off campus, all major and minor school rules still apply.
- Travel in groups of three or more.
- There will be dancing at this event. As at all BSSAC events, no back-to-front dancing is allowed. If you are caught, you will be asked to sit with the chaperone and you may face additional GIB-related consequences.
- The opener takes place at the Marriott Ranch, which is a rural, outdoor location. You are expected to stay in lighted areas with the majority of the group (i.e., the tent and immediate environs). You may not explore the woods, fields, etc. for any reason.
- While I am confident that everyone will be on their best behavior, remember that you are accountable to yourself, your parents, and your school. Failure to comply with the above stated expectations will result in a minimum of GIB-related consequences.
- This is a casual event, but dress code applies as always. Nothing too sheer, too tight, or too short may be worn. If you are inappropriately dressed, the chaperones will ask you to go change.
- A good guideline about how to tell if something is too short: if your fingertips don't brush the hem of your shorts/skirt/garment, it's too short.
- No undergarments should be visible. If they are, you will be asked to change your clothes.
- If you wouldn't wear it in front of your grandmother, don't wear it to the opener.?
- You will be outside! The projected high is just under 80 degrees, so you may want to bring a sweater or light jacket.
Please let me know if you have any questions, and have a wonderful time!