Madeira welcomes visitors to our campus in McLean, Virginia – just 12 miles from Washington, D.C. – for a variety of events. Attendance at some events must be arranged in advance, while others are open to the public. Each event will give you a sense of what an innovative independent high school education can be.
- Schedule an Interview and Campus Visit: On-Campus Visit Days are an incredible experience for future Madeira girls. During the day both prospective students and their families tour campus with a student tour guide. Visiting students then attend a class while their parents meet with a department chair and return to the Admission Office for their interview with an Admissions representative.
Domestic & International Students
- School-wide Open Houses: The Admission Open House is a unique and comprehensive way to learn about Madeira. Future Madeira students and their families meet academic department chairs and teachers, take student-led tours of our beautiful campus, and learn about Madeira's arts, athletics, and Co-Curriculum program-- our award-winning experiential program that includes an internship on Capitol Hill.
Sunday, October 14, 2018 at 1:00-4:00 PM
Sunday, November 11, 2018 at 1:00-4:00 PM
- Specialty Open Houses: Specialty Open Houses are great way to learn about specific aspects of Madeira. Learn about Madeira's Arts, Athletics, or our award-winning experiential learning program, the Co-Curriculum.
Athletics Open House - Saturday, September 22, 2018 at 12:00-3:00 PM
Co-Curriculum Open House - Thursday, December 6, 2018 at 6:00-7:30 PM
Arts Showcase – Thursday, February 7, 2019 at 6:00-7:30 PM
- Capitol Hill and Overnight Experience: Join us for a trip to Capitol Hill and an Overnight Visit and enjoy the full Madeira experience. Tour Capitol Hill, have lunch in the Congressional Dining Room, and chat with Madeira students currently interning on The Hill. Return to Madeira for class, participate in an after-school activity and enjoy a delicious meal in our dining hall while connecting with boarders in our dorms.
Friday, October 26 - Saturday, October 27, 2018
We are currently full.
Friday, February 1 - Saturday, February 2, 2019
If you live locally, please note that preference for overnight events is given to girls traveling from outside the area. If you'd like to register or for more information, please contact Matti Donkor at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Take the Virtual Tour: Our school sits on a beautiful 376-acre wooded campus overlooking the Potomac River. The virtual tour includes photographs and captions meant to give you a sense of campus life wherever you happen to be.
- Public Events: We encourage you to visit the campus for events open to the public, such as a play performance or an athletic event. Check out our all school calendar for a complete listing of the different performances, contests, speakers and other activities on campus!
Contact the Admission Office
Contact the Admission staff with any questions about campus visits, interviews, or the admission process. Contact Us
Schedule an Interview
Schedule a tour and interview as part of the application process! Our online schedule shows ways to visit campus and schedule visits! Learn More