The PINK Jr. Award seeks to recognize girls in 6th and 7th grade who want to put their PASSION, INITIATIVE and KNOWLEDGE to work in an area of great personal interest and meaning.
Two awards are given annually. Award winners will receive $500 to facilitate their participation in an experience or fund a project in the areas of:
- Civic Engagement
- Creative Arts
- Community Service
Award recipients will also receive a 100% scholarship towards a Girls First! Summer Program in a course of their choice.
Those applicants who are eligible will:
- Be students in 6th or 7th grade for the 2018-19 school year
- Demonstrate outstanding academic achievement and engagement in the community
- Submit their materials by the December 1, 2018 deadline
- Student Bio Form
- Video Essay that illustrates the following:
- Creatively describe the experience or project for which you would like to receive funding. If there is an organization involved, describe the mission/purpose of the organization.
- Name some of your personal goals and PINK JR interest areas.
- How will you spend the award to help pursue your passion? (Funding, travel costs, supplies, web development, etc.)
- We encourage girls to support each other! Videos must incorporate at least one nomination from a friend who is willing to speak up in support of the applicant and her project.
- We want to get to know you! Let us know what motivates you and makes you excited about your project. Don’t forget to have fun and show your personality.
December 1 – Application Due
December 21 – Award Notification
January 3 – Award Acceptance Deadline
August 31 – Winners must submit a project report that includes photos and/or videos of their PINK Jr. experience