You’re In! Now What?
Congratulations on your acceptance to Madeira! You may be wondering, "Now what do I do?" Below is a timeline to guide you and your family through the enrollment and registration process. Links to letters and forms will be added as they are distributed.
Virtual Revisit Day!
Future Snails, please join us for our Virtual Revisit Days at Madeira! Our community is excited to provide you with a variety of online offerings that we hope will give you a window into the Madeira Difference.
We have planned several live sessions where you’ll have the opportunity to learn more about community life, the Co-Curriculum program, and even meet current Madeira girls and parents!
The Madeira Difference:
- Thursday, March 26 | 7:00 p.m. EST
- Friday, April 3 | 10:00 a.m. EST
- Tuesday, April 7 | 4:00 p.m. EST
Life Beyond the Classroom:
- Tuesday, March 31 | 3:00 p.m. EST
You Have Questions: Our Parents Are Here to Help! The Inside Scoop – Parent to Parent:
- Monday, April 6 | 7:00 p.m. EST
View the full Virtual Revisit Day site here.
- Print out the New Student/Parent Checklist
- Submit your signed contract and pay deposit
Day student contracts are due March 20
Boarding student contracts are due April 10
- DUE MARCH 20 Transportation: Madeira offers a bus/van transportation program that allows us to serve students throughout the Washington, D.C. metro area. Transportation route options for the upcoming school year can be found on the Transportation Program page of our website. Space is limited.
- Upload a photo for the 2020-2021 Community Directory
As a new Madeira student, you'll want to make sure your photo is included in the Community Directory. The Community Directory is published online in September. All parents, students, faculty, and staff at Madeira receive it at the beginning of the school year. It is immensely helpful for figuring out who is who as you are making new friends.
- Review the Important Dates calendar
- Submit your signed contract and pay deposit
- Boarding student contracts are due April 10
- International Students: Complete I-20 & Guardian forms
(Madeira will begin the I-20 process promptly after enrollment is complete)
- Take placement tests:
- Placement tests are available ONLINE from April 25 to April 30.
- On campus placement tests : Saturday, April 25, The Madeira School 9:00 am in Schoolhouse II, Lecture Hall
- Set-up your Madeira network accounts. In April, you will receive a series of emails from the IT department with instructions that outline how to set up your Madeira email account, Powerschool Learning account, and the Student/Parent Portal. It is very important that you complete these tasks in a timely manner because important emails such as placement test information and roommate questionnaires will be sent to this email account
Click here for an explanation of Madeira's technology systems.
- Begin your Academic Registration process and make an appointment to meet with Academic Dean, Ms. M.A. Mahoney. In April, you and your family will receive a packet from the Academic Office with details about this multi-step process along with required forms and checklist. (See Related Links sidebar for PDF of forms.) View courses by department:
- Complete I-20 & Guardian forms. International families will receive communication from the Admission Office regarding the completion of your I-20 forms.
- Access health forms and schedule a physical. You and your parents/guardians will receive communication from the Health and Wellness Center. Madeira requires all students submit health forms including a completed physical form by July 1. Magnus Health Portal
- DUE JULY 1: Complete the Dean of Students’ permission and travel forms.
In May you and your parents/guardians will receive communication from the Dean of Students Office with instructions to complete several forms. Boarders will need to complete the New Roommate Survey. Parents will need to complete permission forms by logging into the Student/Parent Portal.
- DUE JULY 15 Submit your photo for the Community Directory, if you haven't already.
- DUE JULY 1 Boarders complete your New Roommate Survey.
- Boarding students begin thinking about your new dorm room! You will receive a "What to Bring" list and other important tips for living in the dorms email from The Director of Residential Life in early June.
- DUE JULY 15 if you haven't already, Submit your photo for the Community Directory.
- Submit Dean of Students and Health & Wellness Forms prior to the July 1 deadline!
ALL FORMS DUE JULY 1!
- Order your books and supplies for fall classes. The Academic Office will post the Book Ordering Information and a Supplies List on Powerschool Learning in July.
- RSVP to the New International Parent/Family Dinner
- Review the Student/Parent Handbook. The Dean of Students Office will send the 2020-2021 Student/Parent Handbook in early August. Parents and students are expected to review the handbook annually.
- Parents complete the "Tell us about your daughter" survey.
- Review your schedule in the Student/Parent Portal
- Attend Preseason & Orientation!