The Middle School Passion Project Award recognizes girls in 6th and 7th grade who want to put their passion, initiative, and knowledge to work in an area of great personal interest and meaning.
Take a look at what our high school recipient plans to do with her award... create Inbold Magazine, an online and print magazine featuring local artists. Congratulations, Nandi!
Two award winners will receive a 100% scholarship towards a Girls First! Summer Program in a course of their choice as well as $500 towards an experience or to fund a project in the areas of:
- Civic Engagement
- Creative Arts
- Community Service
Those applicants who are eligible will:
- Be students in 6th or 7th grade for the 2018-19 school year
- Demonstrate outstanding academic achievement and engagement in the community
- Submit their materials by the December 1, 2018 deadline
- Complete now: Student Bio Form
- By December 1: Submit a Video Essay. Submissions may be made by:
- Email us the link to your YouTube (or other provider) video
- Email the video to us using Drop Box
Your Video Essay should:
- Creatively describe the experience or project for which you would like to receive funding. If there is an organization involved, describe the mission/purpose of the organization.
- Name some of your personal goals and interest areas.
- Describe how will you spend the award to help pursue your passion. (Funding, travel costs, supplies, web development, etc.)
- Incorporate at least one nomination from a friend who is willing to speak up in support of you and your project. We encourage girls to support each other!
- Let us know what motivates you and makes you excited about your project. Don’t forget to have fun and show your personality. We want to get to know you!
Applicants Notified about Award Decision
Winners must submit a project report with photos and/or videos of their experience