Our tour guides have many interesting facts and figures to share. They present a bright and interesting face to prospective Madeira students and their families. We call them STARs (Student Admission Representative). There is no one better than a current student to give visitors a sense of what Madeira life will be like.
Meet a Few Madeira Tour Guides
Millenah Nascimento: Class of 2017
- Hometown: Newark, NJ
- Stats: Head of Boarding, technical theater, dance
- Favorite dining hall food: The yogurt bar and curly fries
- Favorite spot on campus: The C/A, because the theater is always changing. Every show brings a different set on stage, and every day the actors get more into their characters. I also love the fact that I get to watch a show go from nothing to amazing. The C/A is my home.
Tatum O'Grady: Class of 2020
- Hometown: Mclean, VA
- Stats: Member of the JV soccer, lacrosse, and basketball teams
- Favorite Madeira tradition: I like Swing Sisters, because no matter where you are coming from as a new student, your swing (students welcoming in new girls) is a friendly face, so you know at least one person coming in.
- Why she loves being a tour guide: The campus is so beautiful and I really enjoy getting to walk around and show it off to our visitors. I also like to meet possible incoming students at Madeira.
Claire Simpson: Class of 2017
- Hometown: Mclean, VA
- Stats: Captain of the soccer, swim/dive, and lacrosse teams
- Favorite Madeira tradition: I really love thanksgiving dinner, this event makes Madeira feel even more like a family when we all stand around the oval with our candles and give thanks. (The food is pretty good too.)
- Favorite spot on campus: Madeira's fields. I have so many fond memories of practicing with my teammates there.
Prabha Girish: Class of 2019
- Hometown: Herndon, VA
- Stats: theater and softball
- Favorite Madeira tradition: Founder's day is probably Madeira's best kept secret and it's is one of the best traditions on campus. It's a day typically in the spring just for good food and fun with your friends.
- Favorite spot on campus: Behind the C/A overlooking the Potomac!
Lily Rathbun: Class of 2020
- Hometown: Falls Church, VA
- Stats: Member of the swim, lacrosse, and field hockey teams
- Favorite dining hall food: The chicken nuggets and the fried chicken
- Fun Fact: I lived in Germany for four years.
- Favorite spot on campus: My dorm because it's a place to relax and hang out by myself or with friends and it's nice and comfortable.
Jordan Kallett: Class of 2020
- Hometown: Vienna, VA
- Stats: JV tennis, JAM club, and orchestra
- Favorite Madeira tradition: I think that ring sisters is a cool tradition because you get to show that you have friendships in different grades other than your own.
- Favorite spot on campus: The terrace behind Maine, because it is very quiet and peaceful.