Madeira welcomes visitors to our campus in McLean, Virginia – just 12 miles from Washington, D.C. – for a variety of events. Attendance at some events must be arranged in advance. Other events are open to the public. Each event will give you a sense of what an innovative independent high school education can be.
Ways to Get to Know Madeira:
- Seventh Grade Open House: High school is just around the corner! Get to know Madeira and all of the amazing opportunities we offer our students!
Wednesday, May 10 at 6:00 pm.
Learn more about the event, here.
- Seventh Grade Information Sessions: Information Sessions and Tours are a great way to get to know a bit more about Madeira, our community, and the admission process.
Thursday, May 18 at 9:15 am.
Tuesday, May 23 at 9:15 am.
- Take the Virtual Tour: Our school sits on a beautiful 376-acre wooded campus overlooking the Potomac River. The virtual tour includes photographs and captions meant to give you a sense of campus life wherever you happen to be.
- Schedule an Interview and Campus Visit: On-Campus Visit Days are an incredible experience for future Madeira girls. During the day both prospective students and their families tour campus with a student tour guide, then visiting students attend a class while their parents meet with a department chair. Finally, visiting students return to the Admission Office for their interview with an Admissions representative. Registration will open September 2017. To schedule an informal visit in the Spring or Summer, please call the Admissions Office at 703-556-8273.
- We encourage you to visit the campus for events open to the public, such as a play performance or an athletic event. Check out our all school calendar for a complete listing of the different performances, contests, speakers and other activities on campus!
Check back in soon for information about our Fall events!
Read our Viewbook
Schedule an Interview
Schedule a tour and interview as part of the application process! Our online schedule shows ways to visit campus and schedule visits! Learn More