For the 2016-2017 school year, Madeira will award select students financial assistance based on their academic achievements.
Madeira seeks to recognize and nurture girls who exemplify what it is to be a great student, and who will flourish within our challenging classrooms and inspiring community. The Madeira Merit Scholarship is awarded to a select number of girls applying to ninth, tenth, or eleventh grade who meet or exceed academic requisites.
Chosen applicants will exhibit strong leadership skills and the potential to develop into dynamic role models within the school community. Recipients are not precluded from obtaining additional financial assistance should the family qualify for financial aid.
- Scholarships are renewed each year of the student's career at Madeira, provided recipients maintain a high academic average and good citizenship
- Recipients are not precluded from obtaining additional financial assistance if they qualify
Who is eligible
Those applicants who are eligible will:
- Be applying to ninth, tenth or eleventh grade as a day or boarding student
- Have a SSAT test score of 2100 total or above, or equivalent PSAT score
- Demonstrate outstanding academic achievement (proven through school transcripts for the past two years and teachers recommendations)
- Complete the scholarship application and admission process by the February 1 deadline
Applicants DO NOT need to be financial aid candidates.
How to Apply
Students will be notified of their scholarship status in early March.
- Make sure you represent yourself as a well-rounded individual: academia, athletics, leadership, etc. This is not a time to be humble! Make sure you give yourself credit where credit is due.
- Put some thought into the scholarship essay before you start your application. It will need to be uploaded as a separate document.
- Be careful not to rush through both applications – admission and scholarship. Take the time necessary to fill them out as thoroughly and accurately as possible to give the selection committee the clearest picture of who you are.
- Don't put this off for later: the earlier you get started, the more time you'll have to include all the activities you're involved in.
- Don't be afraid to show your goals and ambitions. Madeira launches girls who change the world – just check out some of our notable alumnae. Show show us that you want to be one of them!
- Be yourself. Show us who you really are and what you are truly passionate about. Nothing is better than someone who can genuinely say they have a powerful passion to change the world.
News & Announcements
At the last Classics Club meeting of the year, club consuls shared lots of great news with the club. Club officers, who were elected at the previous meeting of the club, were announced for the 2016-17 school year. They are Emily Hamilton…
The Madeira track and field team has had a solid start to the season. Freshman Monteanna Saunders broke…
See All News
On March 10 and April 5, the Admission Office hosted over 75 families from more than five states during…
Back in May students shared their advice for new students entering Madeira.
See All Student Videos
Girls share what they are most looking forward to this year.