For the 2016-2017 school year, Madeira will award select students financial assistance based on their academic achievements.
Madeira seeks to recognize and nurture girls who exemplify what it is to be a great student, and who will flourish within our challenging classrooms and inspiring community. The Madeira Merit Scholarship is awarded to six girls applying to ninth or tenth grade who meet or exceed academic requisites.
Chosen applicants will exhibit strong leadership skills and the potential to develop into dynamic role models within the school community. Recipients are not precluded from obtaining additional financial assistance should the family qualify for financial aid.
- Scholarships are renewed each year of the student's career at Madeira, provided recipients maintain a high academic average and good citizenship
- Recipients are not precluded from obtaining additional financial assistance if they qualify
Who is eligible
Those applicants who are eligible will:
- Be applying to ninth, tenth or eleventh grade
- Have a SSAT test score of 2100 total or above
- Demonstrate outstanding academic achievement (proven through school transcripts for the past two years and teachers recommendations)
- Complete the scholarship application and admission process by the February 1 deadline
Applicants DO NOT need to be financial aid candidates.
How to Apply
- Complete the regular application process by February 1
- Submit a completed merit scholarship application and essay by February 1
- Make sure you represent yourself as a well-rounded individual: academia, athletics, leadership, etc. This is not a time to be humble! Make sure you give yourself credit where credit is due.
- Put some thought into the scholarship essay before you start your application. It will need to be uploaded as a separate document.
- Be careful not to rush through both applications – admission and scholarship. Take the time necessary to fill them out as thoroughly and accurately as possible to give the selection committee the clearest picture of who you are.
- Don't put this off for later: the earlier you get started, the more time you'll have to include all the activities you're involved in.
- Don't be afraid to show your goals and ambitions. Madeira launches girls who change the world – just check out some of our notable alumnae. Show show us that you want to be one of them!
- Be yourself. Show us who you really are and what you are truly passionate about. Nothing is better than someone who can genuinely say they have a powerful passion to change the world.
News & Announcements
Madeira is pleased to welcome an impressive group of new faculty and staff members joining us this school year. We look forward to seeing their contributions in the classroom and around campus.
Innocentia Afa joins Madeira as an assistant…
All members of the Class of 2015 have unique talents and strengths. In the past several weeks, we have…
See All News
Five years ago, I was as nervous and excited as my daughter as our family began the journey into the…
Back in May students shared their advice for new students entering Madeira in 2013-2014.
See All Student Videos
Gabby Bullard '14 talks about the perks of boarding and her role as Head of Boarding.