See you at Madeira! from madeiraschool on Vimeo.
You’re In! Now What?
Congratulations on your acceptance to Madeira! You may be wondering, "Now what do I do?" Below is a timeline to guide you and your family through the enrollment and registration process. Links to letters and forms will be added as they are distributed.
MARCH AND APRIL
Attend Revisit Day | April 4, 2017
- Submit your signed contract and pay deposit.
Day student contracts are due March 17
Boarding student contracts are due April 10.
- Upload a photo for the 2017-2018 Community Directory.
- Review the Important Dates calendar
- Transportation: Madeira offers a bus/van transportation program that allows us to serve students throughout the Washington, D.C. metro area. Sign-up by March 17.
- Print out the New Student/Parent Checklist.
- Begin your Academic Registration process and make an appointment to meet with Academic Dean, Ms. M.A. Mahoney. In early May, you and your family will receive a packet from the Academic Office with details about this multi-step process along with required forms and checklist. (See Related Links sidebar for PDF of forms.) View courses by department:
- Set-up your Madeira network accounts. In early May, you will receive a series of emails from the IT department with instructions to setting up your Madeira email account, Haiku account, and My BackPack. It is very important that you complete these tasks in a timely manner, because you will need to access these accounts to be ready for the coming school year.
Click here for an explanation of Madeira's technology systems.
- Complete the Dean of Students’ permission and travel forms.
In mid-May you and your parents/guardians will receive communication from the Dean of Students Office with instructions to complete several forms. Boarders will need to complete the New Roommate Survey. Parents will need to complete permission forms by logging into My BackPack.
- Access health forms and schedule a physical. In mid-May you and your parents/guardians will receive communication from the Health and Wellness Center. Madeira requires all students to have a completed physical form submitted before coming to campus.
- Complete I-20 & Guardian forms. In early June, international families will receive communication from the Admission Office regarding the completion of your I-20 forms.
- Submit your photo for the Community Directory before June 15, if you haven't already.
- Submit Dean of Students and Health & Wellness Forms prior to the July 1 deadline!
- Order your books and supplies for fall classes. The Academic Office will post the Book Ordering Information and a Supplies List on Powerschool Learning (Haiku) in July.
- Boarding students begin thinking about your new dorm room! You will receive a "What to Bring" list and other important tips for living in the dorms from The Director of Residential Life.
- Review the Student/Parent Handbook. The Dean of Students Office will send the 2017-2018 Student/Parent Handbook in early August. Parents and students are expected to review the handbook annually.
- Review your schedule on My BackPack.
- Attend Orientation!
Get Your Madeira Gear!
Shop our online store, Lucy & Co., for Madeira apparel, gifts, and accessories. Shop Lucy & Co.
Happening at Madeira
Check out our student life pages to learn about upcoming events and what it is like to be a Madeira girl. Weekends at Madeira